Join 10,000+ curious industry leaders reading our newsletter!
We at tnmt.com use Mailchimp as our email marketing platform, and therefore, by clicking above to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. This includes your personal information that you provide to us, such as your name and email address.
Information that Mailchimp collects and processes on our account
1. Collection of information
The personal information that Mailchimp collects and receives falls into three categories:
A. Information received directly from users
Personal information received from the user directly, e.g. you sign up on a landing page, join a newsletter list, and the user gives consent for us to use the data. This personal information may include details such as name, email address, address or telephone number. The user has the opportunity to update some of the information by choosing to update or manage their preferences via email.
B. Information automatically collected
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications the user uses to access emails sent through the Mailchimp service. These include the IP address, operating system, browser ID, and other information about the user’s system and connection.
C. Information from third-party sources
Information that we receive about the user from third-party sources such as social media platforms, and other third-party data providers.
2. Use of personal information
The Information we collect or receive may be used for the following purposes:
- To protect the rights and safety of tnmt.com, the Lufthansa Innovation Hub, Mailchimp or third parties.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the service. For example, this may include sharing your information with third parties in order to provide and support our service or to make certain features of the service available to our members. When we share personal information with third parties, we take steps to protect your information in a manner that is consistent with applicable privacy laws. For further information about how we share information, refer to Section 5 below.
- To perform data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from Mailchimp accounts, including your personal information, to provide and improve the service. We use information, like your purchase history, provided to us by members, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our members. For example, we use data from Mailchimp accounts to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation, and predicted demographics features for our members. If you prefer your data not to be used in this manner, you can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by completing this form or emailing us at email@example.com.
- To carry out other business purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
3. Cookies and tracking technologies
Mailchimp and their third-party partners may use various technologies to automatically collect and store certain device and usage information (as discussed above) when the users interact with our email campaigns. This may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons.
Web beacons are used in our email campaigns we send out to the users. When the users receive and engage with our campaign, web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the Mailchimp platform was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. Web beacons also allow us to collect information such as the users’ IP address, browser, email client type, and other similar data as further described above.
This information is used by Mailchimp to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of the Mailchimp service and for the other purpose described above.
4. Users’ data protection rights
Depending on the users’ country of residence, they may have the following data protection rights:
- To access; correct; update; port; delete; restrict or object to our processing of their personal information.